We Are Pima Ready
We are the first gym in Pima County to be officially placed on the directory of “Ready for You” businesses.
The Pima County Health Department provided suggested health and safety measures to protect you, our beloved community. This is how we responded when they were made public in May:
- Signage on the front door prohibiting individuals who are symptomatic from entering the premises
- Wearing cloth masks
- Taking temperature of all who enter immediately upon entry with a no touch digital thermometer
- Washing hands regularly or wearing gloves
- Spacing equipment at least 6ft apart and doing the same for people. We actually invested in a handy man during the first closure to completely redo our studio layout in order to ensure that we could confidently train multiple clients upon re-opening the first time around.
- Keeping our numbers below 50% of typical usage. Since re-opening we’ve continued to run our business as a hybrid of what it was before and what we pivoted to during the shutdown, virtual personal training. We’ve done this to reduce our numbers at any one time in the studio. The most we’ve had at one time has been 4 people along with their trainers.
- Removing use of drinking fountains, unless touch less. We invested in touch less sinks during the first closing in March.
- Providing easy access to sanitizer with 10 total stations in our 2448 sq. ft. studio, also installed during the first closure
- Post-client cleaning of ALL equipment used with EPA-registered disinfectant
- A shift to a totally cashless payment system.
New Service Agreement
Each of our members will be asked to sign the following agreement to help keep everyone safe:
FOR THE HEALTH, SAFETY AND WELLBEING OF OUR TEAM AND OUR CLIENTS, WE ARE ASKING ALL TO BE MINDFUL OF TEMPORARY NEW PRACTICES AT OUR TRAINING STUDIO
To our beloved community,
Thank you for taking a moment to complete our service agreement. By signing you agree to knowingly and willingly consent to have personal training/group training services during the COVID-19 pandemic. We reserve the right to refuse service if this form is not completed.
- I understand the symptoms of COVID-19 include a temperature above 100.4 degrees, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell, a dry cough and sore throat and affirm that, I, as well as all household members, do not currently have, nor have experienced the symptoms listed above within the last 14 days. I also affirm that I do not live with anyone who is sick or quarantined.
- I understand the COVID-19 virus has a long incubation period during which carriers of the virus may not show symptoms and still be highly contagious. It is impossible to determine who has it and who does not, given the current limits in virus testing.
- To prevent the spread of contagious viruses and to help protect each other, I understand that in order to receive services at BodyBasics, I must agree to properly wear a face mask when unable to social distance, have my temperature taken and sanitize my hands upon arrival. I will also adhere to social distancing protocols put forth by the training studio. I understand that I will be asked to leave if I refuse to comply with these requirements.
- I verify that I have not traveled outside of the United States in the past 14 days.
- In consideration of receiving personal training or group training services at BodyBasics, by signing below, I agree to accept all responsibility for the risk that I may contract COVID-19. We are taking your safety and that of our staff very seriously, by adhering to best practices of the CDC recommendations as well as the Pima County Health Department’s “Ready for You” guidelines for sanitation, sterilization and social distancing. These measures are in place to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In consideration for receiving personal training or group training services, I agree to hold BodyBasics, its officers, agents, servants, employees, landowners and their successors and assigns harmless from any and all claims for damages should I contract COVID-19.